Move More Stairwell Guide
Who is it for?
Anyone interested in creating a stairwell initiative in their setting.
How do you get it?
This resource is distributed electronically and can be downloaded on this page.
How is it used?
Provides step-by-step instructions to setting up a stairwell initiative.
Move More North Carolina: A Guide to Stairwell Initiatives is a useful planning tool that provides step-by-step guidelines for anyone interested in implementing a stairwell initiative. The guide also provides links to downloadable promotional signs and examples of stairwell initiatives in place across North Carolina.
Stairwell initiatives promote using the stairs as a way to incorporate physical activity into daily life. Taking the stairs is encouraged through a variety of physical improvements including paint, lighting and artwork, as well as point-of-decision prompts such as promotional signs. Stairwell initiatives are being adopted by organizations across the state, including the N.C. Legislative Building, and are a great way of incorporating physical activity into the workday of employees who work in multi-floor buildings.
- Move More North Carolina: A Guide to Stairwell Initiatives (lo-rez)
- This guide is one of many resources that supports Eat Smart, Move More NC, a statewide movement that encourages healthy eating and physical activity wherever people live, learn, earn, play, and pray. (lo-rez for desktop printers)
- Move More North Carolina: A Guide to Stairwell Initiatives (hi-rez)
- High resolution version for professional printing
- Move More North Carolina: A Guide to Stairwell Initiatives (reduced ink)
- Reduced ink version for printing
- Sign-in Sheet
- Sample Certificate of Achievement
- StairWELL suggessions poster
- Complete set of StairWELL posters
- This is the complete set of StairWELL posters in one zip package. You can also download the posters individually below.