The NC Division of Public Health is offering a limited number of free bike racks, Bike Fixations, and signage for Bike Fixations for North Carolina communities. Bike Fixtations are outdoor self-service bike repair stations that can be used to inflate tires or repair a flat. These available amenities can be used to help support North Carolina communities promote and increase physical activity opportunities.
Please note this opportunity is only available to communities in North Carolina. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to supporting active routes (e.g., bike lanes, multi-use trails) to everyday destinations (e.g., schools, workplaces, libraries, parks). Priority will be given to communities that serve minority populations, low-income households, and/or persons with disabilities.
If selected, applicant will be required to:
- Install all amenities (i.e. bike racks, Bike Fixtations, and/or signage for Bike Fixtations) within 8 weeks of receipt.
- Submit a photo of the installed amenities within 4 weeks of installation. Any photos of people must include a photo release.
- Email a summary that explains your community’s experience with the installed amenities to Kelly Kavanaugh (Kelly.Kavanaugh@dhhs.nc.gov), no later than June 30, 2021. Your summary may appear on our websites and/or in our publications. The summary should address the following questions:
- How are the amenities being used and who is using them?
- How have you promoted the amenities?
- In what ways have the amenities improved or impacted your community?
Application Deadline: November 6, 2020 by 5:00 pm
Notification: Awardees will be notified by November 20, 2020.
NOTE: The Bike Fixtations, bike racks, and/or wayfinding signage must be picked up in Raleigh within 4 weeks of notification. Pickup dates and times will be coordinated at the time of notification. For questions regarding the application, please contact Kelly Kavanaugh at Kelly.Kavanaugh@dhhs.nc.gov.