The Communications Subcommittee aims to use tools, including social media, the newsletter, and website to:
- Reach a variety of partners, including professionals and individuals, interested in supporting the movement;
- Promote the Plan, core behaviors, and implementation of strategies within various sectors;
- Connect partners and share local successes;
- Coordinate with other subcommittees of the movement to ensure continuity and connections in communication.
The Partner Engagement Subcommittee:
- Plans for and facilitates regular meetings to provide statewide networking and professional development opportunities,
- Collaborates to develop meeting agendas, secure speakers, and handle the meeting day logistics for both virtual and in-person partner meetings,
- Recruits and welcomes new partners to the Eat Smart, Move More NC movement and maintains updated contact information for partner communication and collaboration,
- Works closely with the communications subcommittee to ensure partners receive regular meeting updates and highlight partners’ work to support the Mission of Eat Smart Move More and the current North Carolina Plan to Address Overweight and Obesity.
Executive Committee Leadership and Administration
The Executive Committee Leadership and Administration Subcommittee:
- Develops and coordinates overarching and long-term strategies for the Executive Committee and the Eat Smart, Move More NC movement;
- Develops and updates operational procedures and processes, and manages sustainability planning and capacity building;
- Includes the Chair, Vice Chair and Past Chair as standing members.
If you would like to be involved in any of the above subcommittees, please contact email@example.com.